1. Choose your topic carefully
2. Check out competitionAlways check to see what your competitors are doing; what topics they're posting about, what strategies they're using, and most importantly, what's hot on their websites. I'm not saying that you go ahead and copy them. But take a general hint before coming up with your own content ideas.
3. Check out latest trendsMake sure you follow the latest trends and news on various social media networks. Write about what's hot. Writing on the most recent trends not only brings in a lot of readers, it also tells search engines that your website is dynamic, and provides fresh and latest content to its users.
4. Keyword research before post!
5. The difference between a writer and a blogger
6. Recommended word limit
- The ideal word limit for a blog post
7. The title is the king!
8. Optimize Permalink
9. Intro with keywords
10. Headings and subheadings
12. Meta descriptions
- Why Meta Descriptions appear in all search results
- Meta tag generator for Blogger
13. Inter link
- How to smartly interlink your posts
14. Be careful with Anchor texts
15. Nofollow vs dofollow links
- When to add a nofollow tag?
- When should you tag external links as nofollow
16. Use visual content to enhance your posts
17. Naming files and images
18. Optimize images before uploading
19. Image Title and Alt text
- How ti tag images to drive traffic
- How to optimize images
20. Basic questions to ask about your content
- Does the content make sense?
- Have I used good grimmer and punctuation and made little spelling mistakes?
- Is the content useful?
- It is unique/original?
- It it worth sharing and linking?
- Is it appropriately detailed?
- Does it have visual content, such as images or videos?
- Does it have examples, references, unique ideas?
- Is it interactive enough with the readers?
- Are there enough calls to action to invoke engagement?
- Does it ask readers questions about their own experiences?
21. Blog labelsOrganize your blog's structure into a series of Labels (or tags and categories if you're using WordPress). Use at least one, and at max three labels for one blog post. And keep the total number of labels between 15 and 20 (for Blogger blogs, but same for categories in WordPress).
- What are blog labels?
22. Synchronize posts with the traffic
23. Posting frequency
24. Create a sitemap
25. Blog load time
- 11 Useful Tips to help reduce your blog load time
27. Social bookmarking widgets
28. Directory submissions
- Why submit blog posts to the top 10 article directories?
- Submit your blog to bloggers directories now!
29. Working on your PageRank
- Reasons why your PageRank is not improving
30. Avoiding SEO penaltiesIn the end, avoid using shady SEO tactics to jump your rank. Always use Search engine friendly techniques to avoid algorithmic penalties. Check out the following posts for more info.
- Recovering from Google Penguin update Penalty
- 10 Link Building techniques Google Penguin won't mind